Advisor Perspectives is the leading interactive publisher for Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), wealth managers, and financial advisors. Financial professionals use Advisor Perspectives for:
- Our email newsletters, which provides actionable insights related to investment strategy and the economy, as well as interviews with thought leaders in the investment industry.
- Market Commentaries, which is an audience-generated forum where fund companies, wealth managers and financial advisors share their views on the market, the economy, and investment strategy. This is the only place online where such a large diversity of opinion can be found in one easy to use, and fully searchable location.
You can view archived issues of the newsletter here.
Our service is free. However, in order to receive the newsletter you must subscribe.
More information about the underlying data in our universe can be found here.
Our goal is to provide accurate, relevant, and actionable information to the investment advisor community. Your ideas, comments, and suggestions are welcome.
Board of Advisors
Robert K. Huebscher, Founder and CEO. Bob founded Advisor Perspectives in 2007, following a 25 year career in the financial services and information technology industry. In 1982, he founded the Investment Software Division of Thomson Financial, and oversaw the introduction and development of its flagship product, PORTIA, currently the leading portfolio management system for buy side investors. In 1990 he founded Hub Data, a redistributor of market data and corporate action information. He sold Hub Data to Advent Software in 1998, and this business continues today as Advent Market Data. He was an officer of Advent until 2002. Beginning in 2003, he served as a consultant to a number of businesses in the wealth management industry. Mr. Huebscher has a BA from Connecticut College and an MBA from Harvard University. He serves on the boards of several local charities.
Diogo Teixeira spent 25 years in financial services technology. After graduating from MIT and Harvard Business School, he began his career at Bank One in Columbus, OH in retail bank operations. He was subsequently a consultant at McKinsey and at Ernst & Young before founding his own research & consulting firm, TowerGroup, in 1993. TowerGroup is the leading financial services technology advisory firm and was sold to Reuters in 1999. Diogo is currently a private investor. Over the years, he published two books and dozens of trade press articles about the interplay between technology and the financial services business.
Maarten van Hengel
Maarten van Hengel is a co-founder of Highmount Capital LLC (www.hmcap.com). Maarten has spent over 25 of years in the investment management business. He gained international experience at the Private Bank of the Swiss Bank Corp and in the Portfolio Management Group and at Bankers Trust Company in their Private Bank. He left to work at the Bankers Trust Company in the Private Bank. Along with a portfolio manager for private clients, he was a global strategist for the US and international private banking departments. His focus was primarily on advising on world wide asset allocation. He left to work at Trainer Wortham & Co (a subsidiary for the First Republic Bank) in 2000 to establish the Family Wealth Management Team to operate as a multi-family office. He worked subsequently at Trainer where he developed investment vehicles for alternative investments for individuals and families. In 2002, he formed Highmount Capital LLC. He is on the board of Metalized Carbon Corporation and serves on several non-profit boards.
Jamie Waller is CEO of Family Wealth Report (www.familywealthreport.com) and has been an entrepreneur in the investment management industry for over 20 years. He has led many of the product and service changes that affect wealth management. Leading the charge in performance measurement reporting to institutions in the 1980s, he and his firm, Security APL, helped establish the separately managed account (SMA) industry in the 1990s. He is a recognized thought leader in performance reporting, portfolio construction, compliance, technology and operations. APL, which provides portfolio management software services and tools to pension and mutual fund managers, has seen its revenue grow to nearly $100 million since its acquisition by CheckFree in 1996. As an active member of the nascent SMA industry, Jamie founded the St. Regis Association, the first advocacy group dedicated to promoting SMAs. The St. Regis Association became the Money Management Institute (MMI), a Washington, D.C.-based industry association. He remains an active participant in other investment industry organizations, speaking frequently at conferences and events, including those of IMCA, MMI, FRA and CFA Institute (AIMR).
Bob Veres is editor and publisher of Inside Information (www.bobveres.com), an interactive subscription-based information service for financial planning professionals, and author of The Cutting Edge in Financial Services (National Underwriter Press) and contributing editor and columnist for Financial Planning magazine. Over his 20-year career in the financial services world, Mr. Veres has worked as editor of Financial Planning magazine; as a contributing editor to the Journal of Financial Planning; as a columnist and editor-at-large of Dow Jones Investment Advisor magazine; and as editor of Morningstar’s advisor web site: MorningstarAdvisor.com. In addition, he has spoken at many of the planning world’s largest professional conferences, including FPA National, FPA Retreat, NAPFA National, Waterhouse Institutional, FPA Broker-Dealer Conference, First Trust DATAlynx National Conference, and all of the four NAPFA Regional Conferences. Mr. Veres has been named one of the most influential people in the financial planning profession by Investment Advisor magazine and Financial Planning magazine, was granted the lifetime achievement award for service to the profession by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, and most recently the Heart of Financial Planning Distinguished Service Award from the Denver-based Financial Planning Association.
Michael Edesess is an accomplished mathematician and economist with broad experience in the investment, energy, environment, and sustainable development fields. He is a founding partner and chief investment officer of Denver-based Fair Advisors, and currently serves as a Visiting Fellow at the Hong Kong Advanced Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Studies. Michael was a founding partner of the Lockwood Financial Group and its chief economist until its sale to The Bank of New York. He has been an independent consultant to institutional investors and developer of computer systems applying mathematical methods to investment and finance. His writings have appeared in the Wall Street Journal and other publications, and he has been interviewed on numerous TV and radio networks. He recently authored a book about the financial industry titled The Big Investment Lie. He also chaired the boards of three nonprofit organizations focused on energy, environment, and sustainable development. He holds a bachelor's degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Ph.D. in pure mathematics from Northwestern University.
Dan Richards is a leading authority on investor attitudes and on strategies for advisors to communicate effectively with existing and prospective clients. For over 20 years, he’s conducted research with advisors and investors and is recognized for his leading-edge advice for financial advisors. He has been a top-rated speaker at industry conferences in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia and southeast Asia and has also been a regular participant at Nesbitt conferences. He’s author of the award winning book, Getting Clients Keeping Clients: Essential strategies for tomorrow’s financial advisor, which became an international best seller. And in 2009, he founded Clientinsights.ca, a leader in providing financial advisors with video-based content for their own use and for use with clients. Dan holds an MBA from the Harvard Business School. In addition to his work in the financial industry, he has been an award-winning instructor in the MBA program at the University of Toronto since 1992.
Matt Lynch is a principal at Tiburon Strategic Advisors. With over 25 years of financial services experience, he is viewed as a thought leader and change agent known for his innovative approach to the financial services business. At Tiburon, Matt has led numerous corporate strategy engagements for a wide range of financial services firms. Previously he served as president & CEO of Capital Analysts and prior to that as a director of the business consulting group at Moss Adams. He has also held senior leadership positions with Lincoln Financial Advisors and field management roles with New York Life. Matt serves in board roles at By All Accounts and Lenox Wealth. He is also active in industry associations and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
- July 16, 2018
- Venerated Voices (TM) Rankings for Q2 2018
- July 27, 2016
- Venerated Voices (TM) Rankings for Q2 2016
- March 4, 2016
- APViewpoint Reaches the 10,000-Member Milestone
- July 14, 2015
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q2 2015
- May 15, 2015
- APViewpoint reaches 5,000 advisor-member milestone
- April 28, 2015
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q1 2015
- January 20, 2015
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q4 2014
- October 27, 2014
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q3 2014
- July 14, 2014
Three Industry Leaders Discuss APViewpoint
- July 14, 2014
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q2 2014
- May 16, 2014
- Advisor Perspectives launches APViewpoint
- May 9, 2014
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q1 2014
- Jan. 17, 2014
- Annual Venerated Voices™ Update for 2013
- Oct. 16, 2013
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q3 2013
- Sept. 26, 2013
- September 26, 2013 Insider's Forum Press Release
- July 1, 2013
- Insider's Forum Conference Names Advisor Perspectives Exclusive Media Partner
- June 3, 2013
- Advisor Perspectives announces new Board of Advisors member
- Apr. 19, 2013
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q1 2013
- March 5, 2013
- Advisor Perspectives Releases Key Findings from its Landmark Survey of More than 1,500 Financial Advisors
- Jan. 15, 2013
- Venerated Voices™ Update for 2012
- Oct. 25, 2012
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q3 2012
- July 27, 2012
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q2 2012
- Apr. 19, 2012
- Venerated Voices™ Update for Q1 2012
- Jan. 31, 2012
- Venerated Voices™ Update for 2011
- Dec. 19, 2011
- Advisors Have Changed How they Select Investments
- Nov. 2, 2011
- Venerated Voices™ Update for the Third Quarter of 2011
- August 3, 2011
- Venerated Voices™ Update for the Second Quarter of 2011
- June 10, 2011
- Advisor Perspectives Acquires dshort.com
- April 28, 2011
- Venerated Voices™ Update for the First Quarter of 2011
- March 1, 2011
- Advisor Perspectives Releases Comprehensive Analysis of Variable Annuities with Guaranteed Minimum Wealth Benefits
- Jan. 25, 2011
- Advisor Perspectives Announces First Venerated Voices™ Awards
- Dec. 9, 2009
- Advisor Perspectives™ Study Reports that Morningstar Ratings Fail Over a Full Market Cycle
- March 24, 2009
- New Study Evaluates Safe Withdrawal Rates for an All-Bond Portfolio
- Jan. 16, 2009
- New Study Shows Stadium Naming Deals are Bad for Investors
- Oct. 8, 2008
- Advisors Maintain Asset Allocations During Turbulent Third Quarter
- Sept. 24, 2008
- Industry Authority Bob Veres Joins Advisor Perspectives™ Board of Advisors
- Oct. 30, 2007
- Advisor Perspectives Releases Study of Morningstar's Mutual Fund Ratings
- Sept. 19, 2007
- Sector ETF Press Release
- July 17, 2007
- Advisor Perspectives Releases Study of Mutual Fund Performance
- June 5, 2007
- New study shows HNW/UHNW investors hold only 3.8% of assets in index funds
- May 8, 2007
- Advisor Perspectives Launches Revolutionary Service for Examining Investment Trends Among High- and Ultra-High Net Worth Investors